Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Week 15 Recap and Stash Report

“Among famous traitors of history one might mention the weather.”  Ilka Chase
I just finished the binding on the Bundle of 12 and gathered my stuff to go outside to take pictures of it but it’s snowing AGAIN.  This is just a little ridiculous.  It doesn’t look like it’s going to stop anytime soon so I just took the photos inside.  The color is not as good as outdoor shots so the quilt doesn’t look quite as nice as it does “in person.”

Bundle of 12

This is the third thing I’ve finished from the fabric in the “Box of Stuff” I found awhile back.  I’m really trying to use up all the fabric in the box.  This quilt was made from a pattern by Amelie Scott Designs that I purchased on Craftsy.  You can find the pattern here.  It was fast and easy to make and I like how it turned out. It will be a donation to our local emergency shelter
Here is a close-up of the quilting.  I used an overall freehand feather and swirl design.
 bundle of 12-close

Recapping the week, I finished this quilt and the disappearing four patch.  I pieced another baby quilt and it’s on the frame about half quilted.  There were several charm packs in the box of stuff I’m trying to use up so I found patterns for them and cut the background fabric for three quilts.  I’d like to get those tops pieced this week but I have book club and according to my Kindle I’m only 28% through the book.  Looks like lots of reading on the schedule!

The weekly stash report:
Used this week:  16 yards
Used year to date:  115 yards
Purchased this week:  0
Purchased year to date: 21 yards
Net year to date:  94 yards used

Be sure to visit Judy's blog at Patchwork Times to see how others are doing with their stash this year.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the finish--the colors look nice and springy even though the weather is crappy!

    I had a box my BIL gave me when his mother died. I finally used almost all it up in January--the woman loved plaids--red/white plaids--several of them all just a bit different! I wonder if she made lots of red/white plaid curtains???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this pattern. Going to have to do this one,too.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")