Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

UFO Parade

What a coincidence that Judy at Patchwork Times has just started a UFO challenge.  Boy do I need some incentive to finish some things as I have a ton of UFOs and I just found more!

I am really inept when it comes to decorating my house.  I knew I’d have guests on several occasions this spring so I wanted to update my mantle.  I found a beautifully decorated mantle on Pinterest  by Dining Delights here—everything on her blog is incredibly beautiful--and wanted to use some of those elements in my house.  So I went downstairs to see what kind of spring decorations I could use and found this on top of the box of spring décor.

ufo stack-2

It’s another huge stack of UFO’s.  I really don’t understand how (or why) I spend who knows how many hours selecting fabric, cutting, piecing, layering, then quilting only to stop and abandon the project with only the binding remaining.  Some of these quilts even have the binding machine sewn so only the hand stitching is left to do.  Am I the only one who does this?

Here’s a list of these UFO’s.  I’d like to get them finished because most of them could be donated to Quilts for Kids, Quilts Beyond Borders or our local emergency center and that would be a large stack out of my house.  Double bonus!

Technorati Tags: ,,

  1. Mirrored Boxes
  2. Blue and Yellow log cabin variation
  3. Scrappy log cabin
  4. Buzzsaw variation
  5. Christmas block of the month
  6. Grandma’s brown and red quilt
  7. Brown and green crazy curves
  8. Children’s black skateboard quilt
  9. Children’s primary star quilt
  10. Red/white/blue Ohio Star
  11. Unterrageri
  12. Peach and green Ohio Star

I just cringe when I think about how old some of these are.  I’m sure the peach and green one hasn’t been touched in over 20 years!  Here’s to getting them finished and gifted!

And my mantle?  I’m really happy with it!

mantle

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I look forward to seeing pictures as you work on these. They sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. It's funny how those UFOs seem to multiply when we're not looking! I look forward to seeing the whole quilts as you work on them, instead of the little bits showing in your picture. The mantle looks great, by the way!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")