Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

Fat Quarter Baby Quilts

Today I finished the second fat quarter baby quilt.  I had six fat quarters for each quilt and my original plan was to add some white background fabric and make a Disappearing 4 Patch from one set and a Disappearing 9 Patch from the other.  Today is really windy with snow flurries so I finally gave up on taking pictures outside and just snapped a couple in the house.  The color isn’t that great but it will do!

Here’s the finished D4P (the green is really more lime than kelly).

baby d4p

I quilted it in an overall design.

baby d4p close

This quilt started out as a Disappearing Nine Patch.  I’ve made a couple of these already where I just randomly placed the fabric when making the nine patch.  For this quilt I wanted the blues to chain in one direction and the green/yellow to chain opposite with the red in each corner.  I make one Disappearing Nine Patch block then decided it was easier to just cut the pieces and piece it block by block.  It was much faster and probably more accurate.  I only used five of the six fat quarters for this quilt and it turned out 51” x 63”. 

baby d9p

This one was quilted in overall swirls.

baby d9p close

These were fun and easy quilts to make.  Both are donation quilts.

Be sure to come back on Monday.  I’ll have a fun giveaway!

2 comments:

  1. Those are really pretty. I'm sure that whoever they wind up with will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilts, very cheerful and bright to cheer up whomever is the new owner. Love your quilting design on the 9-patch one.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")