Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Christmas Charms

I know I should be working on UFO’s but today I just needed some mindless sewing.  I finished quilting the baby quilt that started as a disappearing nine patch but I decided it was faster, easier and more to just cut out the units and piece blocks than cut nine patches apart.  I’ll post a picture of it tomorrow when I finish the binding. 

After that I pieced these charm blocks.  A friend of mine sent me a link to this youtube tutorial by Missouri Star Quilt Co. for this easy quilt.  I had a couple of packs of Christmas charms from Benartex so I whipped these up.  This is a REALLY easy quilt.  After taking this picture I pieced the blocks together and now I need to search through my stash to find border fabric.  It’s kind of boring now but I think it will be nice once it has a border and is quilted.

falling charms

2 comments:

  1. What a perfect way to use up those errant charm packs I have hanging around! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done this pattern in jewels and black for my daughter. I am struggling on how to quilt I have a heart pattern for the border but not sure about the blocks any suggestions she gets married next summer

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")