Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Design Wall Monday-Bright 4 into 9 patch

This quilt started with a set of six fat quarters left over from a shop sample I made a few months ago.  I just wanted to make a simple baby quilt using only these fabrics.  Unfortunately, this wasn’t the best project I could have picked.  The prints are a little too busy and with only six fabrics there really isn’t enough variety.  Oh well!  Sometimes it just doesn’t work out like I picture it in my mind, but I’ll go ahead and finish setting the blocks together then add the borders. I have a pieced border planned for the top and bottom so the quilt will be rectangular instead of square and have enough of the green fabric to add an outer border. This is a donation quilt so hopefully some little girl will like the bright colors!


4 into 9
Be sure to check out all the other great projects people are working on.  Links are here at Patchwork Times.

11 comments:

  1. I think it's a happy quilt! Looks like enough variety to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it. Very very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure someone will consider themselves very lucky to get such a cute quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great! Bright and happy - a little (or big) person will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun! Some little girl will think it's absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings Rhonda...Rhonda from Texas here. Love the quilt. Someone will be very happy to get this quilt for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it with the sashing -- it lets each block shine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun quilt -- bright and happy. Was it a disappearing 4 patch?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you have made a great quilt for a child (if bigger it would be a great quilt for anyone). I don't think I have seen that block before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. With those colors who couldn't help but smile? It just looks so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some little girls is going to have very sweet dreams sleeping with that one :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")