Pages

Friday, August 2, 2013

July 2013 One Mile Challenge Update

It was another month with less than stellar production.  In June I didn’t finish a single quilt so July was marginally better with ONE finish.  For some reason I’m just not finding time to get in the sewing room.  I was all set with a new audiobook from the library (Jodi Picoult’s The Storyteller) but that book turned out to be a big bust.  It has hundreds of good reviews on Amazon and the story about a World War II war criminal sounded interesting but I found the story line way too contrived and formulaic.  Maybe something was lost in the translation from printed page to audio but I couldn’t get past the characters in the book:  Adam and Eva, Josef and Maria, and Sage, Pepper and Saffron.  I burst out laughing just typing that!!  Anyway, it was too much like a Lifetime movie.  This morning I downloaded The Invisible Bridge by Julie Orringer onto my ipod from Overdrive.  It sounds like a more realistic historical fiction novel so we’ll see how it goes.  I’m hoping it is so engaging I don’t want to stop quilting!

The one and only July finish was the Half and Half Quilt made from “A Day in the Country” fat quarters.

DITC-1

I quilted this with the Jilly pantograph that was still on the frame from the last QBB quilt I did.  The soft curves look nice with the geometric design of the quilt.

DITC-4

This quilt was just about 9 yards so that put me over 200 yards used—206 to be exact wit 1,554 to go!  For sure it’s taking longer than I thought!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")