Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Are You Ready for Football?

Here in northeast Wisconsin people collectively obsess more over the Packers than probably anything else.  The games are always a festive occasion and when this striped football fabric came into the shop I knew it would be perfect for a game day table runner.  This is the easiest runner ever—just a few cuts with a 60 degree ruler and five seams to make the top. I don’t even bind it; just pillowcase it and hand stitch the opening.

football-runner

Karen Montgomery has a pattern for this called (what else?) Easy Striped Table Runner but I’m sure there are many online tutorials for making it since it is such a simple idea.

While I was in table runner mode I finished up this Spicy Spiral runner.  I think, FINALLY, this is the last class/demo sample that was unfinished.  It seems like I started a hundred of these as demos but it was probably only 20 or 25!  Luckily they are fun and easy to make.

spicy-spiral

Now it’s on to something else.  It’s rewarding to do a couple of fast ones in between some of the more time consuming projects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")