Pages

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Borders for Sunny Side Up

This quilt has been sitting on the counter in my sewing room for several weeks.  The top was pieced but it needed borders.  I was considering a couple of options for the borders but couldn’t decide whether to play it safe or use a little brighter green in the middle border to give it a little pop.  I ended up going for the brighter green and I’m still not sure it was the better choice.  I like it well enough though so it will stay like it is.  It took almost as long to cut and piece the borders (over 6 hours!!) as it did to make the quilt center.  The back is pieced, batting is cut and it has moved on to the quilting pile.

SSU-borders

Technorati Tags: ,,

2 comments:

  1. Good to know I'm not the only one that struggles with borders. It turned out great, I like how it crosses in the corners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks good! You are way ahead of me. I have the fabrics, but that's it. =)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")