Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Week 34, 2013 Stash Report and Recap

The Ohio Star quilt is finished.  In the end I didn’t quilt the stars on the longarm.  I just wasn’t happy with how the continuous curves looked.  I really like this quilt and when it came down to it I didn’t want it to look like a practice piece.  So I took it off the frame and finished it on the Juki.  It’s not perfect but I’m happy with the results.

Ohio Star finished

Here is a close-up of the quilting.

Ohio Star close-up

Many of the quilts I’ve made recently have a more modern look and are made from contemporary fabrics but when I finish one of these old UFO’s I love the richness of the colors.  It’s fun to work with both!

This was the only thing I finished this week.  I’m still working on the Double Nine Patch and a couple of other projects.  Hopefully I’ll have a lot of sewing time this week so I can finish August with a lot of fabric used!

My weekly stats:
Used this week:  20 yards (Ohio Star)
Used year to date:  265 yards
Purchased this week:  0
Purchased year to date: 88 yards
Net year to date:  177 yards used

Click on the links at Patchwork Times to see more stash reports.

1 comment:

  1. It's a beautiful quilt! Who cares if it isn't perfect? It is finished!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")