Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Week 33, 2013 Stash Report and Recap

Another drive, another binding.  Knowing that we would be going back down to Madison this weekend, I buckled down on Friday to get A Walk in the Park quilted and the binding sewn on so I could hand stitch it in the car. 

AWITP finish

Since I was in a time crunch and I’m not sure what I’ll do with this one I just quilted an overall meander around the frames and some swirls in the centers.

AWITP closeup

Over the past nine years we’ve made the trip to Madison dozens of times.  It’s usually around 2 hours door to door so that gives me a good chunk of uninterrupted time for binding.  The drive is not that pretty so I’m not really missing any sightseeing.  Typically we head back home late in the day and I drive. Last night we were tired from a long day but truly enjoyed the drive home.  It was a magnificent sunset and the colors were beautiful.  Of course when the pictures are taken from inside a moving car it just doesn’t do the panoramas justice.

WI-Dusk

WI Dusk-2

This ended up being a very productive week.  I finished three quilts so my totals are inching up.  I bought a little bit of fabric this week, but only white and off-white backgrounds.

My weekly stats:
Used this week:  26 yards (9 Heather Bailey log cabin, 10 blue and yellow UFO, 7 A Walk in the Park)
Used year to date:  245 yards
Purchased this week:  8 (backgrounds)
Purchased year to date: 88 yards
Net year to date:  157 yards used

Check out other weekly stash reports at Patchwork Times.

 

2 comments:

  1. I am so impressed with your usage numbers. I don't think I use 26 yards most months; I can't even imagine using that much in a week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your usage for the week and YTD usage blow me away. I really like your Walk in the Park and how you quilted it. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")