Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

DWM: Juggling Summer Top Finished

My layer cake fears were unfounded as this quilt top turned out okay.  It really doesn’t bother me that so many of the fabrics are the same print after all.  It is just a simple wacky nine patch and I made it as a fun project when I needed a little mindless sewing as a break from all the quilting I’ve been doing.  I think I’ll quilt it with uneven straight lines (oxymoron?) and be finished with it.  Unfortunately there are 14 other quilt tops in the queue ahead of it for quilting!!

Juggling Summer top

Be sure to check out the other great design wall projects at Patchwork Times.

Technorati Tags: ,,

3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of the Wacky Nine patch, but I like it! I've a layer cake just calling for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes you just need mindless sewing.you're right you don't notice that a lot of the fabrics are the same it really turned out nice.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")