Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Week 30, 2013 Stash Report and One Mile Challenge Update

Eight weeks have gone by without a stash report.  June and July have to be about the most unproductive months I’ve ever had quilting-wise.  It seems like we’ve barely been home this summer and when we are here there are a million other things that have to be done.  Oh well, it will be fall soon and things will slow down.

Here is the grim update:

The weekly stash report:
Used this week:  11 yards
Used year to date:  192 yards
Purchased this week:  15
Purchased year to date: 70 yards
Net year to date:  122 yards used

Check out other stash reports links at Patchwork Times.

Hard to believe but this is the only quilt I’ve finished since May. I guess I did quilt the six tops for Quilts Beyond Borders but that did nothing to reduce my stash.

Off-track-1

This is a donation quilt and it was quilted with an overall meander.  It’s kind of hard to see the quilting with the dappled sunlight.

Off-track close

The pattern is called  Off Track from Cluck Cluck Sew. I really like how it turned out even thought I wasn’t crazy about the fabrics at first.  Once all the blocs were together it looks pretty nice and someone should be very happy to receive it.

The numbers for my personal One Mile Challenge aren’t increasing very fast either.  With the 11 yards used for Off Track, my total is 208 yards used.  One thing that makes me really happy is the backing I used for this quilt has been in my stash over 15 years.  It’s great to get rid of some of that really old stuff!!

This past week I’ve had a little more time to quilt so I should have a couple more quilts finished in July and things will improve in August.  Jim will be gone for (at least) two business trips and Jen will be heading back to school. This summer may be the last time she’ll be home for any significant length of time so it’s been nice to be able to do some things with her.  That’s time I can’t replace and my quilting will be her for years to come.

1 comment:

  1. Really good numbers for not much sewing. You're right about your daughter...too soon they're grown and gone, busy with their own lives.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")