Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

DWM: Still on the Road to Llano

Last week I didn’t have much time for sewing and then had migraines over the weekend so I’m still trudging along the Road to Llano.  The blocks are finished and the rows sewn together so I’m making some progress.  This week I should be able to get the pieced borders made and complete the top.  I was really hoping to get it all finished by Thursday but that doesn’t look very promising.

Here’s the top so far (well most of it—there’s not enough space in my sewing room to take a picture of the whole design wall!).  It looks a little Christmas-y with the red and green.  It will look very different after the borders are on and that dark blue print will be more predominant.  This was a fun top to piece and I already think I’ll make another one.  I like making quilts with piecing that’s a little more challenging.

RTL-10

For more inspiration be sure to check out other design walls at Patchwork Times.

 

Technorati Tags: ,,

7 comments:

  1. Your project is stunning. I love your color choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I really like your color choices. It almost looks Southwestern. Oh, that's right, Llano is in TX, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too like your colors. It's interesting that you like quilts with more challenging piecing. For years I've been nearly "cranking" out lots of quilts. I'm beginning to think it is time to pick more carefully and make some more challenging quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your quilt and it looks very rich. I have had migraines for several days too and enough is enough for that. Hope your feeling better. The quilt looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your color choices. I also like quilts with a little bit more challenging piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't think of Christmas until I read it. Migraines--too much sun, too much BBQ sauce, too much pollen. I will blame all of them for the headaches lately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still love those colors!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")