Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Little Mindless Sewing

“See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone. Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come.”  Song of Solomon 2:11-12 (NIV)
Yesterday when I left for work all I could think about was that Bible verse.  It was truly a glorious day and the first day this year when I thought winter is really over.  The grass is green, birds are singing and we may have tulips by the end of the week.  It was too bad I had to work!!

Today is nice too but I had an eye exam this morning and my eyes are still dilated so  it’s painful to go out in the sun.  A little later this afternoon I’ll get out for a walk and enjoy the fresh air.  Now, however, I’m just doing a little mindless sewing.  My small group meets on Thursday and I’m trying to finish up a couple of things for show and share.  I’m winding down the fabric from the “box of stuff” (original post here).  This is the last charity quilt from that fabric.  There is still a bag of leftovers from the Bliss line of fabric.  I’ll probably get two more lap quilts from these “scraps”.  There is also fabric for two pillowcases and an apron panel.  It will interesting to see how many projects came from the fabric in that box.  I’ll have everything finished by the end of the month and then photograph the big pile of projects from that one little box.

This pattern is Off Track by Cluck Cluck Sew.  It’s a simple pattern and the blocks are coming together quickly.  This was kind of a crummy “jelly roll” because there were only about eight prints in the bundle and 20 of the 50 strips were of one print.  I set aside 9 of those to use for binding and added a few more fabrics for a little more variety.  Oh, well.  The point of these quilts is to bless someone who has very little. 

So far I’ve sewn the 56 blocks I need to make this twin size.  Now off to sew the sashing units.

off track



1 comment:

  1. Love the fabric I can see. What a great pattern for quick quilting. It's wonderful how many projects have come from one little box.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")