Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Design Wall Monday: Hemming Pants

This post would be better titled “Life Gets in the Way.”  Last week I spent almost NO time in the sewing room.  It was book club week (The Beekeeper’s Apprentice by Laurie King) and it took me a long time to get through the book.  Then I picked Jen from school on Thursday and brought her home with a van load of stuff.  Friday and Saturday we spent the day shopping for professional clothing along with steel toe shoes for her so she would be prepared to start her summer (paid!!) internship today. 

So today I’m working on this:

Hem 

It’s one of my least favorite things to do but if I take it to the tailor I catch flak for not doing any “practical sewing.”  It really doesn’t take too long so it won’t be bad, but I am so ready to have everyone gone today so I can get back to quilting.

Congrats to our daughter-in-law Laura and her brother Eric for completing their first half-marathon.  We went up Green Bay yesterday morning to cheer them on.  She stopped by this morning before driving back to Milwaukee and she looked great—just a little sore!  She’s been training for the past few months and it paid off.  What a nice accomplishment for them!

Laura Half Marathon-3

Be sure to check out the other works in progress at Patchwork Times.

4 comments:

  1. I so agree, I loath practical sewing. I'm asked all the time to mend and alter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. quilting is practical sewing - I mean, what else would our families sleep under, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so with you. I HATE to hem. Levis don't require it and that is about all I wear :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate to do clothes, anything for clothes!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")