Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Week 18, 2013 Recap and Stash Report

This morning I finished hand sewing the binding on the last of my charm quilts on the drive to and from church.  This one is Falling Charms from a Missouri Star Quilt Co. tutorial (here).

Falling Charms-finished

There is a block turned on the lower right-ugh!  I’m keeping this quilt so it’s not a big deal!

Here is a close-up of the quilting—and the border.  I just love the way the border makes this quilt.  The quilting is a pantograph called Plumage by Willow Leaf Studios.

Falling Charms-close

I missed last week’s stash report so this is a two week recap.  I finished five projects:

Baby Geniuses Grow Up-La France:  3 yards
Jumping Jacks-Marmalade: 3.5 yards
Jumping Jacks-Spring Song: 3.5 yards
Falling Charms-Christmas charms: 7 yards
Grandma’s quilt: 5 yards (back and binding only)

After having a few weeks with no fabric purchases I fell off the wagon this week.  Some of it was jelly rolls that I need for a pattern I’m working on—I can ALWAYS justify purchasing fabric!

The weekly stash report:
Used this week:  22 yards
Used year to date:  147 yards
Purchased this week:  14
Purchased year to date: 35yards
Net year to date:  112 yards used

It’s still going down!  Check out the links at Patchwork Times so see how others are doing on stash reduction.

3 comments:

  1. Rhonda you had a fabulous last two weeks. The turning of the block in the corner is not noticeable...consider it something of an unexpected surprise. It makes it FUN! The way I see it as long as you are using what you are buying...go for it! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the falling charms quilt, but I still have no clue as to how to lay out the blocks, I know it is a simple lay out, but I am very new to quilting, and I guess I need a "dummy" version in black and white. I have watched the video several times, and still I cannot get it correct. Please any suggestions on this beautiful pattern lay out or any black and white photos that I can use as a pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a layout diagram in EQ. You are no-reply so I don't have an address to send it. You may email me at patchworksampler@gmail.com and I will forward what I have.

      Delete

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")