Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Finished Charm Quilts

During down time in Milwaukee over the weekend and on the drive home I managed to finish two more of the charm quilts. 

This is made from charm squares from the Baby Geniuses Grow Up line and is the Villa Rosa pattern La France.

la france

I quilted it in wavy vertical lines.  After quilting the Marmalade charm quilt with straight lines last week I got smarter and did curvy lines on this one.  Much easier and you don’t have to worry about keeping them straight!  It looks really cute on this little baby quilt.

la france-2

Also finished is Jumping Jacks from the book Quilts from Sweet Jane made from charms in the Garden Song line by Benartex.  I really like how this one turned out.  It’s really soft and pretty for spring.

Garden song-3

It is quilted in overall swirls.  This is always my go-to quilting design when I want to finish something quickly.  I really need to expand my quilting repertoire.

Garden Song-2

2 comments:

  1. Love those quilts. I really like to use charm squares. I will be on the look out for that book. Enjoying reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are racking up the finishes already. Congratulations on two nice ones. Thanks for sharing what you do for quilting. I'm always interested in that, having once owned a longarm.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")