Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Week 19, 2013 Recap and Stash Report

Happy Mothers’ Day to all moms!  We will be celebrating a little later because both of my kids are in the thick of finals.  Jen will finish up later this week and I’ll go down to Madison to pick her up.  She has an internship here in town this summer so she’ll be back at home.  I’m really excited since I wasn’t sure she would ever be home again for any length of time.  Then next Sunday, my daughter-in-law, Laura is running a half-marathon in Green Bay so we will go up there to cheer her on. Hopefully, we’ll have another chance to see her while she’s in town.  Unfortunately Bryan won’t be coming home with her since he’s studying for boards. We’ll go down to Milwaukee in a week or so for a quick visit with him.

This week almost went by without a single finish but this afternoon I got busy and finished up the first rails and chain quilt.  This ended up being a pretty big quilt—60” x 80” so it used quite a bit of fabric.  Everything in this quilt was from stash; 2-1/2” strips, chain fabric, borders, binding and backing.  I wasn’t sure the binding would be finished by dark so I took the picture earlier in the day right after it came off the frame.  The binding is now finished and this one is ready for donation.

red rails

The quilting on this was very quick and easy.  The center is overall meandering and the borders have feather quilting.

red rails close

The weekly stash report:
Used this week:  11 yards
Used year to date:  158 yards
Purchased this week:  3
Purchased year to date: 38 yards
Net year to date:  120 yards used

Be sure to check out other stash reports at Patchwork Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")