Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

No News Must Be Good News

Here’s your laugh of the day. Appleton is a sleepy little town where there’s rarely any big news but the top story in today’s paper was ridiculous even for here.  The lead story, no kidding, was about the most popular dog name in the city.  Apparently, the investigative reporter combed the dog license records to glean the top name. The article took up about 3/4 of the front page and there was even a picture of a couple who had a dog with this name. I guess it’s better than reading about robberies and murders,and I'm grateful for that, but honestly, this isn’t news anywhere, on any day!  Oh, and I know you're dying to find out---the most popular dog name in Appleton, Wisconsin is---Molly.

Today I quilted another of the quilts in my April UFO parade.  This was a teaching sample from several years ago.  I used the 7" Crazy Curves templates from Elisa’s Backporch Design.  Every time I taught the class I started a new sample so I must have made about 10 of these quilts!  I LOVE the templates, though and it is a very easy quilt.  This one used a lot of “Whimsical” fabric and I had the plaid border in my stash.  I hope I still have enough of it for the binding.  Tomorrow I’ll sew a machine binding and the quilt will be ready to donate.  This will be my third finish from the UFO Parade—that’s one a week.  Now if I can only keep up that pace.  The picture is a little awkward because it’s POURING rain and I was trying to take it on the front porch.

Crazy Curves

2 comments:

  1. I really like it. I'll have to investigate the templates. If I lived in WI, I'd beg you to teach it again! I like the quilting pattern, too.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")