Pages

Friday, May 24, 2013

Back to the Drawing Board

For several weeks I’ve been toying around with a quilt design in my head.  I drew a rough diagram in EQ then started cutting and sewing.  I’m not entirely happy with it but it has some possibility.  My main issue with it is that it’s square and I’m not a big fan of square quilts.  It is made from a layer cake and I didn’t have enough blocks to add another section at the bottom.  I might try again and make it one block narrower, then add borders.  It’s a start anyway!  This weekend I should have some time to spend in the sewing room.  It seems like forever since I’ve been able to spend any significant time in there.

Technorati Tags:

marmalade chevron

1 comment:

  1. I like it as is! If you decide to take off the one row you could use it for a pillow sham or case!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")