Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Two more quilts finished

A couple of days ago I was looking through a pile of quilts and I found these two.  They were finished except for a little binding.  So I sat down, turned on the TV and finished hand stitching the bindings.  It took about an hour and a half and who knows how long those had been in the unfinished pile!  Sometimes I forget what’s in there. I didn’t make either one for a specific purpose so I think I’ll list them on Etsy later in the week and see what happens.  Both are bright, fun quilts that seem to be popular right now.
This one is made from an Atkinson Designs pattern called Shadow Song.  I used a lot of prints from a line of fabric called “Happy.”
shadow song-4
I love the blue fabric that’s in the churn dash variation blocks.  It’s a subtle stripe that adds interesting texture to the block.  I quilted it with a pantograph called “Love Doodle” by Urban Elementz.  I don’t use a lot of pantos since they take longer than just freehand quilting and it seems like I’m always in a hurry to finish quilts but it sure looks nice when I take the time.  Maybe this one will inspire me to use them more frequently.
shadow song-5
The second quilt is called “Shortcake” by Cluck Cluck Sew. This quilt I was auditioning to see if I wanted to use it for a beginning quilting class.  I didn’t use it but still think it has potential for that class.  A lot of the fabrics in this one are from Me and My Sister lines by Moda.
sashed 9-5
It was a really easy quilt to piece and I quilted it in an overall meander.  It was really sunny today when I took the pictures so the quilting doesn’t show up very well here.
sashed 9-4
Not as much accomplished today as I’d hoped but I had to do laundry and some cleaning so sewing took a back seat. Since it was so sunny I took a walk outside.  It was still cold and there’s lots of snow but it was SO nice to get outside for a change.  When I walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes it seems like an eternity but when I get outside the minutes just fly by and I could walk forever.  I can’t wait for spring.
Late this afternoon I did manage to get the rail fence donation quilt loaded on the frame and one pass quilted before Jen called and wanted me to go over some answers she wrote for an application for a summer internship.  I hadn’t talked to her in awhile so we had a nice long Skype visit.  Jim and the cat joined it so it was a lot of fun!  I’ll get back to it in the morning and try to get a couple more passes completed before work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")