Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

2013 Week 12 Recap and Stash Update

This week I made progress on several projects but only had one finish.  Last Monday I posted the Applique Affair project on Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times.  This project has been hanging untouched in my sewing room for years.  I’m happy to report that I stitched down blocks 6 and 7 (out of 25) this week.  It really helps to get it out in the open so I can work on it in little bits of time. 

I also sewed borders on two quilts:  Bundle of 10 and More Geese on the Ridge.  I finished piecing the Bonus Triangle top.  All three of these are ready for quilting.  Bundle of 10 is loaded on the frame and I’ll start quilting it later today.  I’m using the same pantograph as I did on the Pineapple Blossom quilt (more panto practice!!). 

I cut out two new projects, Bundle of 12 and a Disappearing Nine Patch baby quilt.  Still in progress this week is Bali Breeze, a pattern from Moda that I’m making from scraps.  I’m hoping to make a few more blocks today and post those blocks tomorrow on Design Wall Monday.

The big finish of the week is Pineapple Blossom.  It is such an easy quilt but it seems like I’ve been working on it forever!  I cut it out on February 22 so it was just over a month.  When I look at the list of projects I’m working on it’s no wonder I really like the way this turned out.  It’s a great pattern and I’m hoping to make another one with 2” strips out of scraps.

pinebloss-5

Here’s the weekly stash report:
Used this week:  8 yards
Used year to date:  90 yards
Purchased this week:  0
Purchased year to date: 18 yards
Net year to date:  72 yards used

Check out other stash reports at Patchwork Times

1 comment:

  1. You have a lot of great quilts that you are working on. Love your scrappy Pineapple Blossom quilt. Good job with your numbers!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")