Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Design Wall Monday-Applique Affair

A couple of weeks ago I started linking posts to Design Wall Mondays at Patchwork Times.  It was great motivation to work on those projects.  The first one, Pineapple Blossom is now on the frame for quilting and last week’s More Geese on the Ridge is a completed top that’s next in line for quilting!  So this week, I pulled out a project that’s more than overdue for some attention—Applique Affair, a beautiful quilt designed by Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts

The blocks are raw-edge fusible applique that I started about five years ago.  Most of the center blocks are fused on and about half have been stitched down.  I need to finish those and make the rest of the border blocks.  There’s also a pieced border.  For awhile I had my Bernina set up in the dining room so whenever I had a few minutes I could stop in and stitch a bit on these blocks.  That seemed to work pretty well so I’ll give it a try this week to see if I make any progress.

AA-2

9 comments:

  1. Oh boy that is a beauty!! Love the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful blocks: so many little pieces. This is the week I also plan to applique down several fused blocks. I can just hear those machines humming. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, your blocks are fantastic. I love the movement in each of them. Great idea about setting up where you can stop in a sew even for a few minutes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of those projects I am in complete awe of but could never finish. I will just settle for "AH-mazing"

    ReplyDelete
  5. These blocks are gorgeous! Your working the way I do, just in short bits and then I move onto something else. Machine applique isn't my fave thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! The blocks are amazing! I can't applique, but I'd like to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beauty! Glad you were inspired to work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous blocks. I agree with you about the design wall posts. It is a great motivator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are such pretty blocks! Glad you found a way to work on your applique project.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")