Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Design Wall Monday-Scrappy Stars

My drawer of 2-1/2” strips is overflowing and I came across a pattern named Breezy Batiks on Moda’s website that uses lots and lots of 2-1/2” squares (pattern is here).  I’m using all scraps for this quilt and making it bigger than the pattern—probably twin size so I can donate it to the emergency shelter. The blocks are easy to make but fairly time consuming since there are a lot of little pieces.  This is my favorite kind of quilt though, with hundreds of different fabrics.  It’s a walk down memory lane with every square I pick up!

Be sure to check out what everyone else is working on at Patchwork Times.

bali breeze

12 comments:

  1. This is so pretty and will be fun to work on. What a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look and the fact that you are using leftovers. I love seeing the scraps from other quilts in a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great design! I like the way the stars are framed -- more interesting than just a variable star.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, love your scrappy quilt. You are so right, these types of quilts are amazing. Second, thank for the link to that design. I'll put it on my ToDo list!
    Take care and have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great so far! Isn't it fun how different a block of squares can look, depending on how you arrange the colors?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great scrap buster. I like the block with all the squares especially well. I keep forgetting to look at Moda Bakeshop, will need to take a peek one of these days. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for posting the link for this stash buster. Your blocks look awesome. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great scrappy quilt. You can't beat 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it!!! Thanks for sharing the Quilt pattern too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your scrap quilt is right up my alley too. I have a drawer of 2.5" squares, but it's not overflowing yet. Thanks for the link to this pattern. Yours is looking great!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")