Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Bundle of 10 top almost finished

A week or so ago I was browsing through the downloadable quilt patterns on Craftsy and came across one called “Bundle of 10” that (obviously!) uses 10 fat quarters.  Since I have approximately one million fat quarters in my basement I bought it, along with it’s sibling, “Bundle of 12.”  There were a few fat quarter bundles in the box of stuff I’m trying to use up so I combined a couple of them and got busy making Bundle of 10.  It was super easy to cut and piece and everything fit together very nicely.  My only caution regarding this pattern is that your fat quarters MUST be 18” wide.  You are using the entire 18” so there’s no room for error and if your local quilt shop cuts 18” and only 18”, you will not be able to square up the edges and have enough fabric.  It wasn’t an issue with my fats though and it all worked out fine.

I had hoped to have this on the frame for quilting by now but ended up filling in at work a couple of days so didn’t have as much time to sew this week as I’d hoped.  This morning I got the top pieced together so it’s ready for binding.  My kids surprised me by both coming home this weekend.  It’s fun to have them here and I’d much rather spend my time with them than at the sewing machine—that’s sure changed from when they were little and I used to escape from them by sewing. Haha!

Here’s the top before borders.  If you’d like to purchase this pattern, click here: Bundle of 10

bundle of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")