Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Ta Da! QBB Quilts Finished

It took a little longer than I thought but this batch of six quilts for Quilts Beyond Borders will go out in tomorrow’s mail.  I finished quilting and binding the last three this week and am on the list to receive six more so I’ll get plenty of quilting practice!  With this program, the quilter received the quilt tops, backing fabric and binding fabric so we don’t know what the quilts look like until they arrive.  There is always a wide variety of styles and colors.  This batch was no exception.  Overall, I think they are very nice and will be well-loved by their recipients.

This one is a cute little panel—no piecing involved!

QBB-4

I quilted it in a simple allover meander.

QBB-4-detail

This one has alternating blocks of blue rectangles with a red, white and blue star fabric.  There were several different blue prints used in the quilt and to be honest, this created a bit of a challenge to quilt.  I’m not sure if it was the different textures of fabrics or something else, but my thread kept breaking.  My machine really didn’t like the seam in the back and would skip stitches every time I went over it.  After it was finished though, I liked the way it turned out.

QBB-5

Fortunately, I didn’t try anything fancier than an overall meander.  It would have driven me crazy with all the problems I had with it.

QBB-5-detail

The last one I worked on turned out really pretty.  It had a focal print in the center surrounded by a pink border and a tropical fish print. 

QBB-6

I quilted this in an allover water pattern.

QBB-6-detail

Tomorrow I hope to have some time to get back to my projects.  I’m ready to put the borders on the Pineapple Blossom quilt.  The bonus triangle top is also ready to piece and I have the blocks cut out for the quilt I’m making with the extra flying geese from the Buffalo Ridge quilt.  Always lots of projects in the sewing room and not enough time to finish them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")