Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2013

No Global Warming Here

After surviving a long, cold, snowy winter I’ve been looking forward to summer.  That’s right, I’m still waiting for it.  Yesterday when I washed the sheets I took the electric blanket off the bed.  I hadn’t been turning it on for the past month or so but it still added some warmth.  Since it’s almost July I thought we could get by without it, but I was freezing even with a quilt.  This morning the outside thermometer reads 62.4 degrees. 

thermometer

For the past couple of days it has been cloudy, rainy and dreary.  I WANT SUMMER!!

To take the chill out of the house I baked a peach tart.  Last week Aldi had peaches (and plums and nectarines) on sale for 15 cents each.  I bought more than we could eat fresh thinking that I would bake something so this morning I got busy. 

I kind of followed the Peach Tart recipe from A Southern Soul.  I placed the baking sheet in the oven while preheating to 350F.  Then I combined four large peaches peeled and sliced in a mixing bowl.  I added 1/4 cup of sugar, 2 tablespoons of flour and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla.  You can add more or less flour depending on how juicy your peaches are.

peach tart-1

I rolled one thawed puffed pastry sheet onto parchment paper then slid the parchment paper onto the warm baking sheet.

peach tart-2

I rolled the edges slightly to give it a little lip so the filling wouldn’t run over so easily then dumped the filling onto the puff pastry and spread it out.

peach tart-3

Then into the oven at 350F for about 30 minutes.  When it came out of the oven I drizzled a little honey over it and brushed it over with a pastry brush to give it a little sheet.

peach tart 4

It looks pretty good for such an easy tart. 

Some of Jen’s friends from Madison came up for the weekend to go to Country USA—wet, wet, Country USA  :(   and they are still asleep downstairs so I can’t go down to my sewing room.  Yesterday I quilted a couple of small quilts for Quilts Beyond Borders and I’m just itching to get down and sew the bindings on.  Hopefully I’ll have some quilting show and tell this afternoon!

Technorati Tags: ,,,

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it is still so cold there while I'm down here sweltering! And drowning - almost 10" of rain in June. The peach tart looks scrumptious. I had 25 pounds of peaches to start processing this morning, and I made peach/raspberry crisp at the end of the day. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")