Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Date Night

Jim and I used to go to Barnes and Noble for date night pretty regularly.  It’s been awhile but we wanted to check out some books so that’s where we went.  It’s so nice to get a coffee and leisurely browse.

date night coffee

After drinking the large coffee and looking through a pretty big stack of books, this is what we brought home:

date night books

Our trip is now just a week away and we decided we had better do a little planning before we leave.  We had a general idea of things we want to see, but the guidebooks will help with details and give addresses that we can plug into the GPS.  Of course, looking through these books made us realize the vacation won’t be nearly long enough!  Oh well, we take what we can get.

I started my next Half and Half quilt.  I’ve a fat quarter bundle of A Day in the Country by Fig Tree Quilts for several years and I think it will work perfectly for this project.  I selected sixteen fat quarters and am ready to start cutting.  I’ve drawn out the quilt I’m making in EQ and will have enough fabric from these fat quarters to make an easy piano key border, which is good because I don’t have any yardage for borders from this line.  As I’m piecing it, I’ll write up a simple tutorial so you can make one of these for yourself! 

My fabrics—I’m excited to get started!

aditc-fabrics

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")