Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

DWM: A Day in the Country

Last week I posted a picture of a scrap quilt I finished.  The blocks in that quilt are made from eight 2-1/2” x 4-1/2” bricks—half in one fabric and half in another.  The first time I made this quilt I used lots of cream, light beige, tans and browns so I called the quilt Half and Half.  There probably is another name for this block but I don’t know what it is so I’ve continued calling it Half and Half. 

I came across a fat quarter pack from a Fig Tree Quilts line called A Day in the Country and thought those fabrics would work well for this quilt so I made another one.  Since I didn’t have yardage of anything from this line I made an easy piano key border.  That worked out pretty well.  I used almost every thread of 16 fat quarters to make the top and it measures about 60” x 78”.  If you would like to make one of these, check back in a couple of days.  I’m writing the instructions now and will post them on Wednesday.

aditc-top

Be sure to check out other beautiful works in progress using the links at Patchwork Times.

 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely quilts! I almost made one of these after seeing your last one. I knew I could figure out measurements that would make it work. But I got lazy and started something else. Now tho', I'm so lucky, you will be giving use measurements. Tons of thanks! Toni

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very pretty quilt. Love the subtle colors. Can't wait to get the instructions!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")