Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Another Distraction

Oh the joys of home ownership!  On Tuesdays I typically have a lot of time to sew and I had a project all cut and ready to go.  However, over the weekend I looked up at the ceiling in the family room and there was a little part that looked bubbled.  When I got on the step stool and touched it this happened:

ceiling-1

It was then I realized it couldn’t be good. We measured where the hole was then went upstairs and discovered the problem was a leak in the shower in the master bath.  So yesterday the plumber came in this gigantic truck. 

truck

Fortunately, it was just a broken drain in the shower and it wasn’t that difficult to fix.  Now we have this:

ceiling-2

Much better. Haha!  I guess it was time to paint the ceiling anyway!

The end result was that I didn’t do nearly as much sewing as I had hoped.  What I did finish though was the Step 1 blocks to The Road to Llano quilt along at Patchwork Times.

RTL-1

I think it’s going to be pretty.  Step 2 comes out on Thursday—can’t wait!

Technorati Tags: ,,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")