Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

New Quilt Started-Pineapple Blossom

The pattern for this quilt is on Bonnie Hunter’s Quiltville blog--here:  http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2005/06/pineapple-blossom.html
I’ve admired this quilt for quite awhile and finally decided to jump in and make it.  I had this box of batik scraps from an applique project I started some time ago.
batik scraps
I’m making 24 blocks for the quilt and the box of scraps wasn't THAT big so I though I'd use them up with this quilt.  I even found a pile of 2-1/2” strips of batiks to use when the scraps were gone.  Well, I’ve finished cutting all the parts for the quilt (except borders) plus a nice little pile of leftover squares, strips and strings, and it looks like nothing is gone from the box. 
batik collage
It’s always a little disheartening when I think about how much fabric is in my cupboards, bins and shelves and how little is gone when I make a quilt.  Oh, well.  Every little bit used is progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")