Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

Last Minute Finish

Last fall I went down to Madison to the Quilt Expo.  My daughter Jen is in school in Madison so I picked her up and she went with me.  While we were there she decided she’d like a quilt for her bedroom at school.  She saw a pattern she liked and picked out a bunch of fat quarters.  I started the quilt but set it aside to work on commission quilts and just hadn’t had a chance to finish it. 
A couple of weeks ago Jim said he’d like to take a weekend trip to Springfield, IL to see the Lincoln Museum and we’d stop in Madison on Friday to take Jen to lunch.  This was the perfect deadline to finish the quilt.  I finished the blocks early in the week.
Lemon Pepper blocks
Then I sewed like crazy to get the top put together.  Our monthly sewing group met on Thursday so I got up really early and quilted it.  Thursday evening I started binding then finished it up just in time to leave on Friday morning. 
Jen was so excited to get it and it matched her room perfectly.  It was so worth the early morning to finish it.  She loved it!!
2013-02-15 08.59.57
Pictures just don’t turn out well when I take them inside.  There’s no good place to get a shot of the whole thing and the lighting is poor.  Oh well, you get the idea.  This quilt was also made from the Lemon Pepper pattern (same as the Curious Nature quilt).  I just love that pattern.  It's so easy and the quilt looks way more complicated than it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")