Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Quick Finish

The other day we noticed that we didn’t have any samples of baby quilts for girls.  I quickly pulled a few fat quarters and made a little quilt using the pattern “Eureka” by Villa Rosa Designs.  These little pattern cards are great when you need to make a quilt really fast.  It turned out pretty cute.  It only takes six fat quarters to make the 36” x 45” top.  It was fun to make and provided a little instant gratification.

Baby-quilt

This picture shows the fabrics a little better.  It’s a good way to use larger scale prints.  I quilted it in a simple vertical “water” design.  You can see the quilting up close if you click on the picture to enlarge it.  This quilting motif is about as easy as meandering but looks like it takes more work.  It’s a good choice for baby quilts because it’s not so dense the quilt is stiff.

Baby-quilt-1

I’m not counting this fabric toward my one mile challenge since it was never really in my stash and the quilt is for a shop sample.  I’ll probably list it on Etsy once the kits are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")