Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Curious Nature Quilt Finished

Last May I picked up a fat quarter pack of fat quarters from a line called “Curious Nature” by David Butler (Amy Butler’s husband).  I loved the fabric and decided right away the pattern “Lemon Pepper” by Madison Quilt Cottage would be perfect. 
lemon-pepper
The pattern called for 18 fat quarters and that was the number I thought I had.  Well as I started cutting, and cutting and cutting I realized there were more than 18 fabrics in the pack.  Sure enough, there were 24.  So I went ahead and cut them all up and thought I’d make the quilt a little bigger.  For this particular pattern you sew strip sets, then cut the strip sets into segments and sew the segments back together to make the blocks.  After cutting the segments there was a pretty big chunk of fabric left over so I figured out how to use it ALL to make blocks.  So I ended up with even more blocks for this quilt.  I didn’t really want a huge quilt so I divided the blocks and made two quilts.  The pattern didn’t call for a border but I added one to my quilt.  I LOVE this quilt.  I love the pattern, the fabric, the quilting…really just everything about it.
lem-pep-5
This quilt used 8 yards of fabric so that’s 8 more on my goal of 1,760!  It’s currently listed in my Etsy shop here:  https://www.etsy.com/listing/114994235/curious-nature-lap-quilt

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")