Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

On a stashbusting roll

A few days before quilt market a customer called Keep Me In Stitches to tell us to look for Villa Rosa patterns while we were there.  She had recently picked up a couple of them and thought they would be great for quick and easy projects.  I ended up taking a schoolhouse session with the designer and she gave us a set of her newest 10 patterns.  These are easy lap-size projects and the pattern is simply printed on a postcard.  I came home thinking about how great these will be for busting stash.  The first one I made was from the pattern "Opening Night."

opening night

I had several pieces of fabric from the Benartex “City Girl” line by Kitty Yoshida.  I’ve always like the large paisley print in this line but just hadn’t found a suitable project.  I used the paisley for the sashing strips and border and the coordinating prints in the blocks.  It only took a few minutes to do the cutting and less than three hours to piece the top.  I was very pleased with the results, loaded it on the frame and quilted it using an overall freehand design with feathers, swirls and curls.  Here’s how it turned out.

cg-6

I’m pretty happy with the results and of course, it looks much, much better in person than in the photo.  It was fun to make and I used about 7 yards of fabric. I even had a fabric for the back that coordinated beautifully.

cg-3

This quilt is now for sale in my Etsy shop. 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/101766089/city-girl-espresso-and-blue-lap-quilt

Now I’m working on another Villa Rosa pattern called Granada.  I’m also using stash for this quilt.  It is a line of pastels and I’m really liking how it’s coming along.  Maybe I’ll finish it tomorrow and have some pictures to post.

granada

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")