Pages

Friday, June 15, 2012

Another quilt finished

A few days ago I wrote about a quilt I was working on from a Villa Rosa pattern.  This one is called Granada.  I used a line of fabric called Moondance by Free Spirit.  I think I must have gotten it on sale because I didn’t have an immediate plan to use and I got a ton of it.  I probably have about 30 yards.  The good news is that everything but the back is from that line.  The bad news is that I only used about 4-1/2 yards for the top.  At this rate I’ll have to make seven or eight more quilts from the line!! 

I really like how the quilt turned out.  The colors are soft and pastel, but not baby prints.  After using lots of bright, busy fabrics, this was a nice respite.  It is a pretty large lap size—about 56” x 71” and it has a really nice drape.  I used Quilters Dream Cotton-Select batting and it just gave it a soft, cozy feel even before it was washed.  I frequently use that batting but this quilt seemed particularly soft.  Maybe it was the fabric or the density of quilting but whatever, it worked!  It’s always so nice when that happens.  Here’s a picture of the finished quilt.

granada-6

There’s no rest now, though.  I got three quilts cut out of the Blitzen fabric today.  I pieced on of the tops and just need to cut and piece the backing, then it will be ready for quilting.  The backing fabric for the two quilts I’m making from Vintage Modern came today so the easy one will also be ready for quilting.  It will be awhile before Swoon is finished but I’m hoping to have it ready for our sewing group’s quilt show in July.  With my son Bryan’s wedding just over two weeks away I’m not sure how much sewing time I’ll have between now and then but I’m always optimistic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")