Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Blitzen Christmas line is here!

I just received my first Christmas fabric for 2012.  It’s called Blitzen by Basic Grey.  I just love it!  It has some red, white, mint green, pear green, aqua and of course grey.  I have a fat quarter pack and a couple of bolts of coordinated for borders and backs. 

blitzen-2

There are 40 fat quarters in the bundle and I think I can get 4 lap quilts from it.  Wednesday is my volunteer day so there’s not a lot of time for sewing, but maybe I can do a little cutting.  I’ve divided the fabric up into four piles, each with a pattern so the planning is complete.  Once I get going it shouldn’t take too long to get it all cut up.  Tomorrow is a free day so I could sew, sew, sew!! 

Here’s my cutting plan.

blitzen-1

I shouldn’t really say it’s a free day because I have a huge project in the works.  This week is our monthly overflow garbage week and I always like to take advantage of that.  This month I am cleaning out the closet in our bedroom.  I’m pretty sure that hasn’t been done since we moved here almost 18 years ago!  What treasures I am finding in there.  I’ve gone through tons of clothes, shoes and purses and have gotten rid of lots of stuff.  I pretty much took everything out of the closet and did a thorough dusting and vacuuming.  It looks so nice now, but I have a lot of stuff to put back in.  I’m planning a trip to Target this afternoon to get some storage bins to contain some of it.  Hopefully I can finish this project today and spend tomorrow sewing guilt free!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")