Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Another rainy day

In almost any other circumstance I would welcome a rainy day like we had today.  It’s nice to have an excuse to stay inside and sew.  Unfortunately I didn’t have that option today.  Jen came home from school this weekend and we were trying to get a lot accomplished.  She hasn’t been home in a long time and was looking forward to doing some shopping, crafting and playing with “her” cats.  She’s had a couple of busy, stressful weeks with exams so it was nice that she could just relax at home for a couple of days doing what she wanted.

Last week when I was at the AQS show in Des Moines I picked up a pack of placemat blanks.  I hadn’t seen these before they are really easy to use.  Basically, they are a pre-cut heavyweight fusible product.  You simply iron fabric to the front and back then bind them.  This morning I made a set for Jen to take back.  I made one side with cute Halloween fabric and the other just a fun print. They turned out pretty well. 

2012-10-14 13.45.162012-10-14 13.45.30

I had to do a little experimenting with applying the binding by machine.  It’s not perfect but for this purpose it is fine.  After making these, I baked some cookies for her to take back.  I saw a recipe for Pumpkin Blossoms on the Inspired by Charm blog and made those.  They are a great cookie for fall.  Unfortunately I can’t find anymore pumpkin kisses so this will be the only batch this year. Here’s a link to the recipe if you have or can find the pumpkin kisses.

http://www.inspiredbycharm.com/2012/09/pumpkin-blossom-fall-cookie-week.html

There are so many quilts in progress in my sewing room right now.  I thought maybe I’d get some more time in the sewing room after we returned from taking Jen back to Madison but I’m just too tired.  We taped some football games and the baseball games and will probably “speed watch” them, then call it a day.  I’m really, really hoping for more sewing time this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")