Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Two more quilts finished

I’ve been putzing along on hemming the bindings on my most recent finishes. It’s just been too darn hot to sit with a quilt in my lap.  Finally, though, two more are finished. Both are made from Villa Rosa patterns and use some Benartex fabric I just couldn’t live without! The first one is from the Bold and Beautiful line in the Breezy colorway. I still really like the cool blues and greens with brown. The contemporary prints are so pretty. I love this quilt. I quilted it with an overall feather pantograph.  It’s listed on Etsy here:

 https://www.etsy.com/listing/107991876/bold-and-beautiful-breezy-lap-quilt 

bbb-5

Here’s a close-up of the quilting.

bbb-3

I used Quilter’s Choice thread on the top and Bottom Line in the bobbin.  It was the first time I used Quilter’s Choice and really liked it.  It behaved beautifully in my machine and I had no trouble with tension, breaking or shredding.  It’s made by Golden Threads and I’ll be looking for more at Quilt Expo down in Madison next week.

The second finish is from the Leaf Haven line.  These fabrics feature modern prints in traditional autumn colors.  This was a really fun quilt to make.  It’s also on Etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/107992864/leaf-haven-lap-quilt?ref=v1_other_2

leafhaven-5

The picture makes the quilt look “busier” than it really is.  Here’s a close-up of the border fabric.  Isn’t it fun?

leafhaven-4

I started a small Etsy shop with fabric and have some from both of these lines here:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/patchworkcottons

If you like these fabrics, be sure to check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")