Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Challenge to Post

I just can't seem to get in the habit of posting. While I'm at my sewing machine I'm constantly thinking "that would be a great thing to post on my blog." But when it comes to sitting at the computer and typing it out, I just don't follow through. Now I'm challenging myself to post SOMETHING at least three times a week.

Yesterday I loaded and started quilting the top I made from the Moda "Prayer Flag" fabric. Quilting the straight lines is proving to be a challenge, but I'm going to work through it because I think the quilt really calls for it. Of course, the rest of the quilting (meandering) went really quickly so the delay is kind of frustrating. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a chance to finish it.

I DID finish the Moda "Boutique" quilt. I just loved this line of fabric and only had a layer cake and a few coordinates so it took quite awhile to decide what to do with it. I ended up just doing a geometric design with squares and rectangles. It ended up being a really pretty quilt and I just listed it on Etsy.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/76008358/boutique-lap-quilt

Here's a picture of the finished quilt. I quilted it with my favorite pantograph called "plumage." It's just a soft, feather design that goes fast and looks great on these pretty, feminine quilts. The first photo shows a detail of the quilting and the second is a photo of the whole quilt.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")