Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Finally Posting Again

It's been such a long time since I've posted. Things got very busy in the fall and through the holidays and it just wasn't a priority. Since the first of the year I've been doing quite a bit of sewing and am trying to finish some UFO's. It's hard to resist all the beautiful new fabrics, though and I succumbed to a jelly roll of Bliss fabric from Moda. I wanted to stretch the jelly roll to make the largest quilt I could and came up with a 16-patch. I could have strip pieced the blocks, but ended up cutting individual squares from the jelly rolls. I used sixteen 2-1/2" squares for the main blocks (16-patches, lol!). I make 18 of these blocks. Then I pieced seventeen 4-patches and surrounded them with a white-on-white fabric. I sewed 2-1/2" x 4-1/2" strips to the top and bottom of the four-patches and 2-1/2" x 8-1/2" strips to the sides. Then I set these on point. I started with 12-3/4" squares for the side triangles and cut them twice on the diagonal. The corner triangles were made with 6-3/4" squares cut on the diagonal once

The inner border was cut 2-1/2 and the outer border was cut 6-1/2". I ended up with a nice size quilt, about 72" x 96".

Here's a picture of the almost finished quilt. I'm still hand stitching the binding but it will soon be DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")