Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

It's Time To Get Serious

Okay, I've gotten serious about finishing quilts, now I've got to get serious about blogging. I tend to daydream while quilting and I'll think about some subject and say to myself, "Oh, that would be a great blog topic." After my quilting session I get busy with housework, errands, etc., etc. and the blog post never happens. Lately I've gotten into more of a routine so my plan is to start regular posts.

I've been doing a lot of quilting this winter. It took nearly a year to organize my stash and UFO's but now things are pretty much in order (well, orderly for me!!) I still don't have all the UFO's listed but I do know where they all are. I try to finish two old projects for every new one I start. I really love starting new quilts but now most of my new ones are gifts and donation quilts. Occasionally I'll make a new quilt with no particular recipient in mind, but honestly how many quilts does a person need?

My first finish for the year was this flannel quilt. This was a UFO from several years ago. It started out as a shop sample from a line of Holly Taylor flannels from Moda. I pieced the top and even had it quilted but never sewed the binding on. Anyway, it only took a few hours and I had this beautiful flannel quilt completed. So one UFO finished, another 699 to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate comments and like to respond to them. If you don't receive a response from me it's probably because your preferences are set as "no-reply comment." If you would like to receive responses to your comments, leave an email address or you can change your preferences in the User Profile on Blogger (just check "show my email address")